Core Values In Action
Your support of the YMCA allows us to strengthen the foundations of our community. In 2021, COVID continued to interrupt learning, social interactions, healing conversations, healthy habits – and most of all – our lives.
Thanks to our devoted staff members, volunteers, members, and donors, the Lawrence County YMCA stood strong and continued to do what we do best: deliver on our promises of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
Working locally, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in and across communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives, and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships, and resources necessary to learn, grow, and thrive.
Our YMCA programs teach the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility. We continue our tradition of placing an emphasis upon youth, health and wellness, and meeting needs in the community that we serve.
We have always grown from within our community and are a reflection of the community itself in our diversity and values. We are an open and inclusive organization and welcome people of all races, religions, incomes, and abilities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Child Care Provider.
How Our Values Impact Others
- Parents find a safe and uplifting environment for their children to learn good values, adopt crucial social skills, and develop positive behaviors.
- Families come together to have fun and spend quality time with each other.
- Children and teens play, develop skills, learn who they are, and are always accepted for who they are.
- Adults connect with friends, pursue interests, and learn how to live healthier.
- Older adults increase their self-confidence and sense of achievement while building relationships in a supportive community.
- Communities thrive because neighbors support each other and give back when they can.